[BRLTTY] Debugging BRLTTY crashes (Baum driver)

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Wed May 2 01:25:23 EDT 2007

I have discussed this issue on the lst several times before; here is my
attempt to summarize.

BRLTTY (with Baum driver, S/Vario display) sometimes crashes after powerdown.
I have not been able to reproduce this reliably. This happens with both 3.7.2
and current SVN revisions. It seems to occur more often with an older display
(firmware version 3) to which I have access on campus; the crashes do occur,
but less frequently, with my newer (firmware version 5) display at home. Both
are 40-cell Brailliant/Supervario models.

With current SVN versions I also get occasional random crashes.

The operating system is Debian x86_64, kept fairly up to date with the Debian
Sid distribution.

In an earlier thread on this list I provided a backtrace from a core file
generated by one of the crashes.

Suggestions on how to track this down further would be most welcome.