[BRLTTY] brltty, cygwin and windoweyes

Lars Bjørndal lars.bjorndal at broadpark.no
Sun May 6 15:22:58 EDT 2007

Hello, Samuel!

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> writes:

> Lars Bjørndal, le Wed 02 May 2007 12:13:03 +0200, a écrit :
>> A question is: Could the BRLTTY's release function be tied to the alt
>> key when in the console window? In case, I think the port will be free
>> early enough for Window-Eyes.
>
> Actually, the msdn documentation says that alt pressures are never sent
> to windows applications. That said, the attached patch does what you
> probably need: it detects the opening of the alt-tab window. Could you
> test it?

Yes, it works fine as long as you have more programs than the DOS box
on the task bar. So in most cases, it solves my problem. If you decide
to run the Windows screen reader from the task bar rather than from
the sys tray, you've always at least two programs at the task bar,
wich is enough to get this working.

Thank you!

Lars