[BRLTTY] brltty, cygwin and windoweyes

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Tue May 8 13:32:04 EDT 2007

I think brltty isn't releasing the device fast enough after the alt-tab
window goes away. I remember in the course of one beta cycle they optimized
Jaws braille to wake up faster. I don't remember details but that was
associated with increased problems. I asked them if they could slow it down
again but of course they didn't. And it may not after all be real easy to
do; Windows screen readers apparently have a lot of tricky timing problems.

I vaguely remember a switch Dave suggested I try that would make brltty
release the device more quickly. -V3 or something? At the time I got it all
the way down to -V1 (please substitute the right option!). It made the dots
clatter more but didn't really help the task switching on the CombiBraille.

--
Lee Maschmeyer
<lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu>

"Be kind to your fur-bearing friends,