[BRLTTY] Another unrecognized packet case

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed May 9 11:33:50 EDT 2007

[quoted lines by mrkiko on 2007/05/07 at 23:15 +0200]

>When I turn off and then on again my Alva Delphi 440 display, the following
>messages comes in from the syslog socket:
>
>May  7 23:04:15 metropolis brltty[872]: Unrecognized Packet: 0D
>May  7 23:04:15 metropolis brltty[872]: Unrecognized Packet: 0A

Those messages are okay. Often, when a display is turned on, the initial bytes
sent are a bit odd. In this case it looks like they're the end of a packet,
probably meaning that it started to send a packet before its serial port was
ready for use.

These sorts of logs (unknown packet, ignored byte, etc) have always been there,
but were, hitherto, only written as debug data. We made a recent decision to
log them as warnings so we'd be more aware of them.

Since you have a Delphi: Can you confirm for me if the Alva speech driver is
still working? It's been a long time since I've asked for it to be tested.