[BRLTTY] brltty on startup

Sérgio Neves sergionevess at gmail.com
Sun May 13 05:34:23 EDT 2007

Hi,
Thanks for solving my doubt.
But I have many other in consequence of this options.
1. Do this two options you gave me make exactly the same thing?

2. On my school, I have a laptop computer (a hp pavillion) and a focus
40braille display.
When I installed ubuntu, the yes option on /etc/default/brltty was
activated.
When the system starts up , it appears the following message, as usual:
brltty 3.7.2
but sometimes, it appears the following message after that:
1 startup error
and when it appears, although the braille display works on text consoles, it
doesn't work with orca.
In this situation,  I type dmesg > file.txt and the output is:
[ 738.220000] usb 3-1: usbfs: process 3349 (brltty) did not claim interface
0 before use
[ 738.260000] usb 3-1: usbfs: process 3349 (brltty) did not claim interface
0 before use
[ 738.300000] usb 3-1: usbfs: process 3349 (brltty) did not claim interface
0 before use
What does this message mean?
Is there any way to start up brltty automatically earlier or later in the
system to avoid this error or to inspect what is happening?

Thanks
Best regards

Sérgio Neves