[BRLTTY] ubuntu livecd

Daniel Dalton daniel.dalton47 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 04:46:31 EDT 2007

On 29/10/2007 8:16 PM, Sébastien Hinderer wrote:
> >> 1. How do I get BRLTTY to work with the braille note 32?
>
> See the README file in the BrailleDrivers/BrailleNote/ directory of
> brltty's sources. There are also too help files in this directory.

Thanks I'll have a look.

>> 2. If I don't have a serial port what connection should I use?
>
> You can use a USB to serial adapter. These can be found almost anywhere
> and Linuxx supports a lot of them.

That will work with the bn?

>> 3. Is the ubuntu installer accessible? Will I need sighted help?
>
> The Debian installer is, but I don't know about the Ubuntu one.

Ok

>> 4. Is it possible to test brltty on the livecd?
>
> It certainly is, but I don't know how, sorry.

BRLTTY comes with the ubuntu livecd.

>> Does anyone know of a basic getting started guide or where I can learn
>> orca better?

> for help there. Orca's documentation may also be worse going through.

I  will subscribe and try googling for info...

>> Also is it possible to use braille in a gui?
>
> This is what orca is used for.

Orca talks as well. So orca has all the drivers for braille to? You
don't need brltty for access to braille in a gui?

Thanks

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/