[BRLTTY] Disable status cels

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed Oct 31 07:13:26 EDT 2007

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

>>Voyager 44
>>I don't like status cels
>
> The Voyager driver is one which does support what you'd like to do. You need to
> pass in the driver parameter "statuscells=0" (without the quotes). You can do
> this via the -B (uppercase) command line option or via the "braille-parameters"
> configuration file directive.

THis reminds me, now that 3.8 (and 3.9) are out, could we perhaps
try to consolidate the statuscell situation around contiguous displays?

I'd really like to be able to configure my Evolution 88 status cells
on the left hand side, and would also like to have them available to
BrlAPI clients so that I could use the full 88 cell width of
my display for GNOME.

I was tempted to implement a statusCell parameter for the HandyTech
driver in the past several times, but as I understand it, you have
a better idea which would solve the issue generically.

What is the status on this one?  How can I help?

--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'