[BRLTTY] jni.h?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Mon Sep 3 19:16:59 EDT 2007

Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> writes:

>> Does anyone have the slightest idea why our configure script
>> does not find jni.h on an i386 host?
>
> Possibly a difference in update-alternatives --display javac ?
No, both report Current `best' version is /usr/lib/jvm/java-gcj/bin/javac.

Besides, this is autobuilding, so we have no excess software installed
like alternative java versions or something like that.

You should be able to reproduce this by

apt-get update && apt-get build-dep brltty && apt-get source brltty

on a Debian sid (unstable) box with i386.  brltty-3.8
is in unstable now, but there are no binary packages
for i386 yet because of this problem.

You can read the build logs here:
http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=&pkg=brltty
(scroll down to the end of the list and look for the 3.8 builds)

Note that the build actually works on amd64, alpha, ia64, mipsel and s390.
But fails on arm, i386 and powerpc.
I am not really sure about mipsel and s390 atm, but this looks like only
32-bit archs are failing.
--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'