[BRLTTY] BRLTTY Debian package has USB autosuspend bug

Jason White jasonw at ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Sep 5 06:07:22 EDT 2007

I just discovered today, while installing Debian on a new machine and
upgrading it to the Unstable distribution, that the version of BRLTTY 3.8 in
the Debian Unstable repository has the Autosuspend bug which affects Baum
Supervario (aka Brailliant) and possibly other devices.

I would suggest upgrading the packaged version to an svn revision that
contains the bug fix.

I managed to recover from the tricky situation which this caused by copying
the BRLTTY installation from another machine.

I should have followed Mario's advice and tested the 3.8 Debian package
earlier - sorry Mario!