[BRLTTY] No speech after latest svn install

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Sun Aug 3 07:59:50 EDT 2008

Hi,
this morning I've installed the very latest brltty from svn. It gave me
some error messages regarding contraction tables, so I decided to shift
back to revision 3800, which was the last stable one.
Since that I have no speech anymore (Speech-dispatcher).
I repeated the install several times and deleted all remaing directories
after the uninstall procedure.
Finally I downloaded the latest regular 3.10, but I get the same result
after installing it.
When I do:
brltty -v
I get the following lines regarding speech:
brltty: /lib/brltty/libbrlttyssd.so: undefined symbol: g_string_new
brltty: cannot load speech driver: /lib/brltty/libbrlttyssd.so
brltty: speech driver not loadable: sd
What's wrong here, and what about the undefined symbol?
Thanks in advance,
Hermann