[BRLTTY] No speech after latest svn install

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Mon Aug 4 04:05:15 EDT 2008

On 04.08.2008 at 08:07:55 Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

> [quoted lines by Hermann on 2008/08/03 at 13:59 +0200]
>
>>this morning I've installed the very latest brltty from svn. It gave me
>>some error messages regarding contraction tables, so I decided to shift
>>back to revision 3800, which was the last stable one.
>
> Did you run autogen as part of upgrading?
>
> What errors did you get?

I ran ./autogen first, and this command produces the following errors:

gendeps: missing dependency: Programs/tbl_gnome.c includes tbl.h
gendeps: missing dependency: Programs/tbl_gnome.c includes
tbl_internal.h

Why? Make went fine but "make install" echoed that the files *.ctb in
ContractionTables couldn't be copied, because they don't exist, which is
indeed true.
Reinstalling the very latest brltty now produces the effect, that brltty
does not sart up at all, although it's in the memory:
killall brltty
results in killing brltty.
Starting with my standard options: -b al -d ttyS0 -s sd -t de does not
work too.

>>Since that I have no speech anymore (Speech-dispatcher).
>>I get the following lines regarding speech:
>>brltty: /lib/brltty/libbrlttyssd.so: undefined symbol: g_string_new
>
> This isn't a symbol that brltty itself references. Perhaps it's a symbol which
> SpeechDispatcher uses.

Maybe, but till Sunday morning speech used to start, and I run the very
latest Speech-dispatcher (0.6.7rc3) for several days without any errors;
I'll take this to the SD list too.
Hermann