[BRLTTY] No speech after latest svn install

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Mon Aug 4 09:24:47 EDT 2008

On 04.08.2008 at 14:56:09 Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:

> [quoted lines by Hermann on 2008/08/04 at 10:05 +0200]
>
>>I ran ./autogen first,
>
> Good. It should always be run when upgrading.
>
>>and this command produces the following errors:
>>
>>gendeps: missing dependency: Programs/tbl_gnome.c includes tbl.h
>>gendeps: missing dependency: Programs/tbl_gnome.c includes
>>tbl_internal.h
>
> These are quite harmless. They're being generated because I've temporarliy left
> a couple of old source files lying around for reference.

I fixed it manually, it should mean ttb* instead of tbl*. I did a
svn diff
redirected in a file. Can I send it to the list?

>>Why? Make went fine but "make install" echoed that the files *.ctb in
>>ContractionTables couldn't be copied, because they don't exist, which is
>>indeed true.
>
> Quite correct. Thanks. It's fixed now.

Yes, I've realized it.

>>Reinstalling the very latest brltty now produces the effect, that brltty
>>does not sart up at all, although it's in the memory:
>>killall brltty
>>results in killing brltty.
>>Starting with my standard options: -b al -d ttyS0 -s sd -t de does not
>>work too.
>
> Can you please send a complete set of logs for analysis?

Sorry, now I repeated the install procedure with revision 3811 and
everything is fine. For the speech problem see my mail sent this
morning.
The background is that the SD team provided a new version of their
programs and I forgot to install the latest libspeechd-dev, which is
needed for compiling brltty with SD support.
Hermann