[BRLTTY] de.ttb

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Aug 9 01:30:12 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2008/08/09 at 07:03 +0200]

>I think it might be useful to define a lot more unicode characters since the
>screen font can be switched pretty easily.  Besides, while there is this 512
>limitation on linux console, BrlAPI clients like Orca can feed unicode
>characters to BRLTTY pretty easily without any limitation on 512 characters.
>If you read a webpage in Firefox with Orca, you might be exposed to a lot of
>unicode stuff.

I completely agree.

>One example that kind of interests me is the international phonetic
>alphabet, which is used on Wikipedia sometimes.  A mapping
>for that would be useful...

Note that text tables now support include. We could develop standard
representations for these sorts of things and place them into includable
subtables. Another of thesee character groups which comes to mind is box
drawing. I'll follow up on box drawing in another message.

>There are other things like certain symbols are kind of duplicated in Unicode.
>But I cant think of any right now, I'd need to check.

Maybe another feature we need to add to text tables is character equivalence.
Then, if a character is written for which the user's table doesn't have a
definition, we could try to see if the table has a definition for an equivalent
character.