[BRLTTY] Phonetic [Was: de.ttb]

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Aug 9 11:26:43 EDT 2008

Mario Lang, le Sat 09 Aug 2008 15:52:25 +0200, a écrit :
> Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> writes:
> > Mario Lang, le Sat 09 Aug 2008 07:03:32 +0200, a écrit :
> >> One example that kind of interests me is the international phonetic
> >> alphabet, which is used on Wikipedia sometimes.  A mapping
> >> for that would be useful...
> >
> > I have an experimental one for that.
>
> Thats way cool!  I think that is one of the first
> candidates for a subtable included by all tables.
> Please mail it to the list if possible, thanks.

Actually it needs to be a contraction table because there are several
cells for most phonetic letters.  Also, I wrote the table a long time
ago, before brltty was unicode, so it is currently in gnome-braille
format.  I have a bunch of those so it would be useful to extend the
ttb_gnome into supporting the contraction tables.  Concerning my tables,
all is needed is to support e.g.

UCS-CHAR ʈ ⠲⠞

UTF8-STRING အပ္ ⠣⠞

and in UCS-BLOCK there can be multi-cells as well.

Samuel