[BRLTTY] A bug in release 3.10

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Aug 13 19:22:44 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Jean-Philippe MENGUAL on 2008/08/13 at 22:01 +0200]

>To build, I ran ./configure (=autogen?).

To do a clean build you need to run autogen first (before configure). It's a
script in brltty's top-level directory.

>Should I uninstall 3.8 then install 3.10?

It shouldn't be necessary. I personally think that not having run autogen is
more likely to be the problem.

>Is that everything to design a "clean environment"?

Well ... the best way is to do "make distclean", then "svn update", then
"autogen", then "configure". While autogen does do "make distclean", it's still
best to do "make distclean" before updating in case things have changed and
"make distclean" after the update doesn't clean up everything properly from the
older release.