[BRLTTY] Reading Dots 7-8 From BrlAPI

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Aug 22 15:29:32 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Rob Meredith on 2008/08/22 at 14:55 -0400]

>I think this would make a lot of sense, especially on the Connect 12 where
>they are both needed, and easy to reach.

Please try the attached patch (baum-dots78-3.patch), which replaces the
previous patch. Now, b9,b0,b11 should all be space, and F2-F3 should be
alternates for dots 7-8.

>I guess I'm not sure of the difference from the user's perspective, since I
>would probably use these for shift and control anyway. How are dots 7-8
>normally used when typed if not for shift and control? (I realize the
>technical difference.)

There's no difference for the usual Latin1-style text tables, but it gets more
complex in other languages.