[BRLTTY] about unicode

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Aug 23 10:45:18 EDT 2008

??????, le Sat 23 Aug 2008 17:44:18 +0800, a écrit :
> I'm using Slackware 12.1 and kernel 2.6.24.5.
> Even I set LANG to zh_TW.UTF-8 it still has problem if I don't provide
> append = "vt.default_utf8=0" to kernel parameter.

Setting LANG temporarily in the shell will not be enough.  You need
to get your slackware system properly load fonts in a unicode way at
startup.  I think I remember slackware not being so good about it
<grin>.  Maybe it at least provides the unicode_start script, which
should manage to switch to unicode on the fly, but you'd have to run
after each boot.

In any case, it is not a brltty problem, the physical screen improperly
renders things too.

Samuel