[BRLTTY] dlsym/dlerror (was Re: Clumping all the braille driver modules into one big app?)

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Aug 29 09:35:30 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Willie Walker on 2008/08/29 at 08:17 -0400]

>Given the below, this might actually turn into a one line
>fix to call dlerror() just before calling dlsym().  That should clear
>any existing error conditions and your existing code would continue to
>work, I think.

Mightn't that potentially lead to exactly the same problem, i.e. dlerror()
being caleld when there's no pending error? Since we do call dlerror() whenever
there is an error, I'd expect that to be the case.

Can one of your people give me a more detailed description as to what the
precise problem is? With a name like _ex_unwind() being involved, I'd expect it
to have to do with the stack frame linkage being different at the time
dlerror() is called from the time when the error actually occurred. If so,
there's no easy solution.