[BRLTTY] bc640

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Fri Feb 1 17:18:38 EST 2008

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

>>I have a Optilec BC640 sitting on my desk for
>>potential driver development.  I find the HID interface
>>pretty interesting to play with, so I requested specs from Optilec.
>>They told me Dave is already working on a driver for BRLTTY.
>>Is this true?  Any early preview patches to play with and maybe
>>help out?
>
> I have the specs but haven't yet put any time into it due to lack of access to
> a device as well as the fact that converting brltty to be unicode-based is a
> rather large job.

A great job, btw, thanks :-)

> I also don't yet understand HID interfaces.

I at least am as far that I could decode the keypresses pretty
easily, but I have no idea how to write to the device yet.  Thats why
I got interested in specs.  At least USB HID seems pretty simple on linux,
havent looked at how it works on the bluetooth side yet.
I am using linux-specific userspace interfaces though (<linux/hiddev.h>).

> How long do you have it for?

Until 13th of February.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'