[BRLTTY] bc640: Some debug info

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Feb 6 14:55:45 EST 2008

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2008/02/06 at 19:14 +0100]

>Below is a C file that dumps the keypresses to stdout.

So all you do is open a hiddev and read from it?

What's in the event->hid field?

Do you get any special event(s) when the device is turned off?

Is the device just USB, or does it have serial and/or Bluetooth also?

>Keypresses are delivers pretty strangely, first the "keycode"
>arrives, and then the key type.  A key type indicator has
>the left nibble set to 1110 or 1111 to indicate press and release,

Is the press really 1110? Your test program makes it look like it's 0111.

>and the rightmost nibble indicates the keygroup. 1 seems to be the thumb
>keys, 2 are the keys on the left and right side of the display line,
>3 are the keys on top of the display, and 4 are the cursor routing keys.

Can you send me a description of the actual key layout along with the code for
each key?

>Also attached is a "lsusb -vvv" dump with the device connected.

Thanks.

>I still have absolutely no idea how to actually write to the display.

With the information you've sent about input, I'll see if the specs make sense
and try to deduce how to do output.