[BRLTTY] bc640: Some debug info

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed Feb 6 19:24:16 EST 2008

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2008/02/06 at 23:57 +0100]

>Yes, for now, thats all that is necessary.  The Linux hiddev
>interface has a bunch of ioctls as well (all defined in linux/hiddev.h).
>They can be used to get "reports" and do other things, but
>reading incoming events is as simple as reading from the device.

Do you know what writing to a hiddev is suposed to do? Can you, for example,
just write a regular byte stream to it? If so, then I can tell you how to do a
regular Alva write and we can see if that works.

Is /dev/usb/hiddev0 a device in its own right or is it a symlink to somewhere
else?

If the device is found via searching usbfs, do you know how to then translate
that to the right hiddev device to open or can the usbfs device be opened and
read?

>Key group 1: The thumb keys.  The device has 5 thumb keys, numbers 0 to 4 from
>left to right.

All the same size and equally spaced?

>Key group 3: These keys are located below the display line, on
>top of the device.  There are 8 of those keys, in the middle
>you have "cursor keys" with up/down, left/right, and one button
>in the middle.  On the sides, you have two additional keys.
>Below are the keycodes drawn in the same layout:

Are these keys below the routing keys or above them?

Do there seem to be any limitations regarding which keys can be pressed
together?