[BRLTTY] Problem with brltty 3.9 on debian testing

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed Feb 20 19:30:00 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 12:42:47AM +0100, Nath wrote:
> I think you're right, the problem should be usb autosuspend but
> unfortunatly writing -1 to
> /sys/class/usb_device/usbdevx.y/device/power/autosuspend doesn't solve
> it. Before I wrote -1 in the file the value was 2. There is 2 others
> files in the power directory, level and wakeup. Wakeup contains the
> value "enabled" and level contains the value "auto".
> Instead of -1 I tried with 0 but the problem persists.

Maybe it's in the hardware or the BIOS? After all, this is a small,
low-powered machine and I wouldn't be surprised if there were power saving
features built in at a lower level.

I have an XO laptop from the One Laptop per Child project, which is loaded
with power saving features. fortunately they can be turned off in the Linux
configuration to prevent it from suspending everything while you're trying to
work on it over a remote ssh connection from another machine, for example.

I haven't tried it with BRLTTY, for various reasons, but it should work.