[BRLTTY] cut and paste

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Feb 21 09:25:51 EST 2008

[quoted lines by Daniel Dalton on 2008/02/21 at 22:22 +1100]

>How can I copy and paste with my braille note and brltty?
>I tried some stuff mentioned in help-keys.txt but nothing worked.

The BrailleNote doesn't allow key combinations which include routing keys so
you must press the key combination first, let it go, and then press the routing
key. So, for example, so start a new cut buffer, press and release dots 12356,
and then press the routing key for the first character you wish to copy.

>Also could I copy a whole document? Or does it have to be on the screen?

It has to be on the screen. Brltty simply looks at what's currently on the
screen. It has no knowldge of the application that's currently running.

>Like could I copy a 20 page document from emacs to maybe nano with brltty?

No, You'll need to use the cut-and-paste facilities of the editor itself.

If you're using the screen application then you could also use its
cut-and-paste capabilities.