[BRLTTY] speech with brltty

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Feb 21 09:28:36 EST 2008

[quoted lines by Daniel Dalton on 2008/02/21 at 22:19 +1100]

>How do I get brltty talking with speech-dispatcher?
>
>And then will it read as I use the arrows? (Like other screenreaders?)
>
>What is the command to get this going?
>I still want braille with my braille note too...

If you mean that you'd like brltty to speak all the time, e.g. as you type and
as you move the cursor, then you need to turn on the AutoSpeak feature. The
BrailleNote has no key binding for this, but you can still enable it via
brltty's preferences menu.