[BRLTTY] Problem with brltty 3.9 on debian testing

Nath nath.ml at free.fr
Mon Feb 25 17:53:18 EST 2008

On lun, fév 25, 2008 at 10:40:23 +0100, J.Schöber wrote :
> Hi,
> you say you're using Papenmeier el 40 s? Same display here. My 3.7.2 works
> perfectly. After all I am just a user but if I can install 3.9 without
> damaging my existing version I would do it and see if I can reproduce the
> problem. If so we know it is software. If not (I use an other notebook) it
> might be a problem of the Asus eeepc.
> Can someone tell me how to install and start the brltty 3.9 package under
> Debian Lenny.
> Cheers
> Jeronimo

Hi,

First, thanks a lot for your help : yes it is interresting to test on
your system/notebook. As you say, it perhaps will help to determine if
it is a brltty problem or a laptop problem.

To install brltty package on debian leny it's easy since the 3.9 version
of brltty is the version which is installed by default on leny. So just
type on the command line :
apt-get install brltty
and normally it will install and start brltty for you.
Please let me know which result you obtain.

Thx,

--
Nath