[BRLTTY] cursor problem

Cheryl Homiak chomiak7737 at att.net
Thu Feb 28 12:38:35 EST 2008

I am running revision 3603 on an Intel mac mini. My problem actually started with the revision I was using before I upgraded to this one. I am running brltty on an Intel mac mini and am using us english with grade 2 contractionss. What is happening is that when I have a symbol such as a capital sign or dollar sign, using the us english table and grade two, the cursor never shows as being on the symbol after the dollar sign or the capital though it actually is there. The apparent line-up of the cursor skips from either the capital sign or the first cell of the dollar sign to the second symbol after the capital or it appears to be on the second symbol of the dollar sign when it actually is on the next symbol. I don't think i'm doing a very good job of describing this.

Examples:
$1300

The cursor is under the first cell of the dollar sign. When I arrow right once, it appears to be under the second cell of the dollar sign although if I delete it is actually the number 1 that is deleted. If I arrow right once again, the cursor skips to the 3. It has never actually shown up as being under the 1.

Federal

The cursor appears to be on the capital sign though the F is deleted when I press delete. when I arrow right once the cursor skips to the "e" sign without ever having been under the F.

I'm quite sure that the cursor hasn't behave this way in  the past as I do my bank balances nearly every day and I don't recall having any problem in lining up the cursor in the past.

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,
there will your heart be also."