[BRLTTY] garbage as display

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Fri Jul 11 18:33:46 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by raoul m�g�las on 2008/07/11 at 22:38 +0200]

Hi:

>Iso8859-1 lang FR_FR as formerly. nothing changed.

Have you applied the latest screen patch that comes with brltty or are you
using an older version of the patch?

>and i please note that at this time brltty version 9 works fine!

Understood.

>what has changed since version 9? this is perhaps the cause.

The core has become unicode based rather than host character set based. There
may be problems in the way the Screen screen driver returns unicode characters.
I'd think it'd be okay for iso-8859-1, though.

>a bizarre thing is that another vario on my laptop works perfetly with the
>recent revision.

That indeed is odd. Are they on different ports or do you disconect one and
then connect the next one to the same port?

>> That's probably because you have your Vario set to the TSI protocol.
>
>Alas No, baum protocol!

The debug logs showed it responding like a PowerBraille. Perhaps you were using
the wrong device for the Baum display.