[BRLTTY] brltty 3.10

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jul 15 19:11:17 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2008/07/15 at 13:13 -0400]

>On Ubuntu, accented letters erase letters around them.
>
>Here's a demo. I never have gotten Orca to work on this system (stupidity of
>some sort) so when the graphical login comes up I press Alt+Control+F1 to
>get a console window and logon that way. Then I use lynx to go to
>en.wikipedia.org and look up Flannery O'Connor. A short way into the
>biography section it talks about how she trained a chicken to walk
>backwards. It says she was filmed by the Pathe News people.

I get the following:

The Pathé News people filmed "Little Mary O'Connor" with her trained chicken,
and showed the film around the country.

So the accent is in tact. I cut-and-pasted that sentence from lynx into mutt
with no problem. Perhaps you have lynx configured for Latin1 and the console
configured for UTF-8, or vice versa.