[BRLTTY] Brltty's Braille codes

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue Jul 29 09:04:16 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Michael Whapples on 2008/07/29 at 11:17 +0100]

>Is it possible to set brltty to use the standard BAUK 6-dot code?

Yes, if someone can tell us what it is. Are you able to provide a table for it
in whatever format it happens to be in (except binary, of course).

>Is there any other english code that brltty could be set to which would
>make it produce the same code as an embosser would when driven by
>software (eg. Duxbury)

If you can provide the table, we can convert it for brltty's use.

>Can anyone think of any other solution (eg. how possible might it be to
>get the exam transcribed electronically in another country (eg. US) and
>then use that Braille file to physically emboss in the UK).

What about asking them if your copy of the exam can be on a computer running
Linux so that you can simply use your braille display?

>Also sorry if some of it is off topic for here, but as one approach is
>to try and configure brltty to give me the same output I will get from
>an embosser, I felt it was worth asking.

Firstly, you're not being off-topic at all. Secondly, it takes a lot for me to
feel that something is off-topic. I believe in open and unhindered discussions
as that's the only way to arrive at the right answers.