[BRLTTY] Do we still need size reduction configure options?

Elias Oltmanns eo at nebensachen.de
Tue Jul 29 10:24:42 EDT 2008

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> wrote:
> In these days when floppies have gone by the wayside, do we still need
> configure options which reduce program size like --disable-preferences-menu,
> --disable-table-selection, --disable-contracted-braille, etc?

Personally, I quite like these options in order to reduce ramdisk size
when putting brltty into an initrd. It is not exactly essential to have
small ramdisks nowadays, I suppose, but my boot partition is quite small
for historical reasons, so I still care about size. On the other hand,
even if brltty kept these options, I might still be forced to
repartition in the not so distant future because the other components
will have increased in size by then. So, I'd be happy to see these
options around for some more time, but if it's too much trouble or
effort, I won't mind too much either.

Regards,

Elias