[BRLTTY] BRLTTY Digest, Vol 4, Issue 107

HansP pelleboer at versatel.nl
Wed Jun 11 11:01:34 EDT 2008

>>I had connected both my wife's
>>terminals to the system; an old ALVA 380 (ttyS0) and
>>the Tieman Voyager (usb), just to see what would happen.
>>

>One thing to note here is that brltty only autodetects USB-connected devices.
>To use the Alva, therefore, you also need to specify -dserial:ttyS0.

/dev/ttyS0 was explicitly declared, but to no avail

>If you have the subversion (svn) client it's always helpful, if possible, to
>retest problems against the latest development version. There are notes on
>brltty's download page regarding how to build the latest devbelopment version.
>In this case, however, since using run-brltty did work, you probably then just
>need to do the make install.

And here comes --unfortunately-- the next problem. Brltty3.9 configured
without complaining, but compilation broke while processing
java:bindings.c  -- lots of unresolved symbols etc.  I did run
gendeps a couple of times and emerged all possible java facilities
under the sun, but things did not improve. The configuration for
the tested version included the --disable-java-bindings flag.
Will the gnome / orca tandem still work when java is not included
in brltty?

better news next time

Hans