[BRLTTY] java and where is main ?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Thu Jun 12 16:47:39 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by HansP on 2008/06/12 at 16:45 +0000]

>Will the gnome / orca tandem still work when java is not included
>in brltty?

Yes, because Orca doesn't use the Java bindings. It uses the Python bindings.

>but applications like open office do use java, and I was wondering
>if that would not jeopardize brltty's functionalitiy

Those applications don't control the braille display. It's only Orca which
monitors the screen and decides what should be presented on the braille
display.

>>3.9 isn't the latest development code. Please try checking out /main/brltty.
>
>Where is that? --it's not at mielke.cc/main/braille etc.

Full details are given on brltty's web site. Select the Download page, and go
to the Source Repository section.