[BRLTTY] usb to serial success

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Fri Jun 13 03:42:48 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 05:09:19PM +1000, Daniel Dalton wrote:

> Is that the case? I thought bluetooth was generic through all
> displays. So are you saying someone wrote a serial and usb to serial
> driver in the braille note driver?

No. The BrailleNote driver in BRLTTY supports serial access. An USB to serial
converter, once detected and configured by the kernel, looks exactly like any
other serial port so far as BRLTTY is concerned.

For Bluetooth, it is my understanding that support would need to be provided
directly in BRLTTY, and, having looked briefly at the code, this doesn't
appear to have happened yet.