[BRLTTY] no more java --but no install either!

HansP pelleboer at versatel.nl
Fri Jun 13 09:29:29 EDT 2008

Hello guys,

Thanks for the ample replies-- at least we can give
java the heave-ho now without a bad conscience
(funny that openoffice is so differently implemented
across platforms; I know for a fact that assistive technology
is entirely java dependent for the M$ version; without, for example,
access-bridge, none of the frames within write can be reached.).

But present concerns...
I did get hold of the svs version 3.10 and, unfortunately,
results were identical to general release 3.9: run-brltty fires
up, yet brltty sec can't access the braille terminal.
when trying Dave's suggestion to install either version
(after a hefty distclean, I may add) the installation script
hangs while processing the line:

/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./..//data/* /etc/brltty

Needs to be killed manually!!

Troubled and Puzzled,

Hans