[BRLTTY] no more java --but no install either!

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Jun 14 11:41:22 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by HansP on 2008/06/13 at 13:29 +0000]

>I did get hold of the svs version 3.10 and, unfortunately,
>results were identical to general release 3.9: run-brltty fires
>up, yet brltty sec can't access the braille terminal.

What, exactly, is meant by "sec"?

What was the full command line and which kind of braille display was being
used?

>when trying Dave's suggestion to install either version
>(after a hefty distclean, I may add)

If "make distclean" is done then "configure" must be run again.

>the installation script hangs while processing the line:
>
>/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./..//data/* /etc/brltty
>
>Needs to be killed manually!!

Are you familiar with the strace command in order to see what install is doing?