[BRLTTY] Cut & paste

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Wed Mar 5 17:46:07 EST 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 08:49:55PM +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:

> Have you got an url to them?

Yes, and you could have discovered it easily by visiting
http://www.mielke.cc/brltty/ and looking under "contact", where there is a
link to the mailing list archive at
http://mielke.cc/pipermail/brltty/

If you're wondering why I don't just answer the question about rectangular and
linear cuts, I am trying to show you the strategies you can use to find the
information much more quickly than by posting it to the list and waiting for
an answer. If you research the straightforward questions yourself and ask the
more difficult questions on the mailing list, you will be more likely to
encourage helpful responses, as many of us don't have time to be answering
questions that you could have avoided having to ask with a little bit of
research on the Web.

There is a very good article on this subject that I highly recommend:
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Essays/smart-questions.html

> > If you use Procmail to filter your e-mail, you can easily collect posts to
> > this list in a separate folder that can be searched or reviewed later.
>
> Ok. How?
> I use fetchmail, but there is a procmail line in it.
>   mda "procmail -f-"
> So how do I set this up?

You need to create a file in your home directory called .procmailrc (note the
dot at the start of the name; this hides the file from ls unless you use the
-a option). This file contains rules for filtering and processing your mail.

The best introduction that I have found which explains how to write Procmail
rules is here:
http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/

I hope this helps.