[BRLTTY] Braille input?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Sat Mar 8 10:39:10 EST 2008

[quoted lines by Mario Lang on 2008/03/08 at 13:24 +0100]

>But what if I want to use the input mode for typing Unicode braille?
>
>Can we add a toggle setting so that I can decide if I want PASSDOTS to
>go through the translation table, or straight to unicode braille?

Yes, we could certainly add that. The problem with a new toggle, as always,
though, is finding a key binding for it in each relevant driver.

A related issue is that there really should be a way for a braille reader to
know if a given cell contains a dot pattern or a character. What if, for
example, the toggle is in the other state than he's expecting it to be? Any
thoughts?