[BRLTTY] Braille input?

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sun Mar 9 06:49:29 EDT 2008

Jason White <jason at jasonjgw.net> writes:

> In general, I think BRLTTY should eventually move to a model where all of the
> bindings of keys/buttons/switches/sensors etc., on the display to BRLTTY
> commands are specifiable and configurable outside the drivers, ultimately in a
> configuration file.
>
> The DOS driver supplied with Baum displays used to be able to do this for a
> number of their braille display models.

For the record, about every DOS driver for any braille display
I ever used had something to let the user reconfigure key bindings.
This is something vendors usually implemented since their users wanted it.
Some used a dedicated bindings configuration file, and some even
allowed the user to change bindings interactively.
One of our drivers (pm) allows this, but it was generally agreed upon
that duplicating this functionality in every driver is wasteful.
But a generic mechanism hasn't been devised yet.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'