[BRLTTY] speech with brltty

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 16 16:57:55 EDT 2008

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, Jason White wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 09:10:34PM +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:
>> So I don't really like festival. I was thinking of using via voice.
>
> Have you tried eSpeak? (sudo apt-get install espeak if you're running Debian).

Yes and I really like it! With speakup...
However, I didn't think there was a brltty driver for this?
Or do I control it through speech-dispatcher?

> Note however that it requires old C++ libraries that are not provided by
> default and which may (now or in the near future) be incompatible with newer
> Linux distributions. This was recently discussed on the Orca mailing list.

I don't use orca any more so am not on that list.
Ok. Then I will do what you say and use espeak since I quite like it.
Could you please tell me how I can make brltty use it?
Is there an espeak driver or is it through speech-dispatcher?

Oh and is there a function in brltty to make the speech read the whole
screen with out me having to scroll?

Thanks for your help.

--
Daniel Dalton