[BRLTTY] speech-dispatcher problem

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 17 04:40:41 EDT 2008

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Jason White wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 08:25:16AM +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:
>>
>> When I choose speech-dispatcher in brltty.conf and boot it says:
>> speech-dispatcher: open failure.
>>
>> I have no speech.
>>
>> Anyone know why?
>
> I haven't used speech dispatcher. If you don't get a reply soon, try writing
> to the speech dispatcher mailing list as that is where the experts on speech
> dispatcher are to be found.

ok, however, its more of a brltty problem than a speech-dispatcher issue.
First what do I specify for the configure argument about
speech-dispatcher's location? The libdir?
Secondly:
is it correct if I just uncomment the speech-dispatcher entry in
/etc/brltty.conf?
What else must be done?
  Also do I have to tell brltty what voice to use in speech-dispatcher? Or
can speech-dispatcher figure that out?
How can I see where brltty is looking for the speech-dispatcher files?

Thanks,

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/