[BRLTTY] speech-dispatcher and brltty

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Mar 17 21:40:19 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 07:10:47AM +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>
> > The development part of speech dispatcher, called libspeechd-dev
>
> I installed this with apt.
> So do I need to tell brltty that the files are located in /usr/lib?
> Or will it find them?

Run ./configure again and it should find the headers this time. If not, as
Dave said, post the configure.log output. Sometimes, Debian packages install
headers in unexpected places.

In general, headers (which are needed to compile software to use a library)
are packaged separately from the library, which is why you need to install the
appropriate development packages (usually with names ending in -dev or
-devel). You can use aptitude search to find them, as in
aptitude search speechd