[BRLTTY] Is there still need for the manual to mention drivers in the kernel?

Nicolas Pitre nico at cam.org
Thu Mar 27 20:39:02 EDT 2008

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008, Dave Mielke wrote:

> Further investigation reveals, though, that linuxdoc itself appears to be
> somewhat obsolete. Its own man page says:
>
>    The  linuxdoc  suite  is  provided  for backward compatibility, because
>    there are still many useful documents  written  in  LinuxDoc  DTD  sgml
>    source.
>
> So ... Should we actually be upgrading to some newer format?

One format that I personally like a lot, and which is really nice to
work with, is asciidoc:

	http://www.methods.co.nz/asciidoc/

The big advantage with asciidoc is the fact that the source itself is a
perfectly readable text document.  From that you can generate a bunch of
document types, such as HTML, DocBook, etc.

Nicolas