[BRLTTY] OT: lynx and cookies

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Wed May 7 15:41:55 EDT 2008

Sébastien Hinderer <Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org> writes:

> Mario Lang (2008/05/07 15:33 +0200):
>> I initially used FF with braille and speech, but after I
>> did my first youtube.com experiments, I realized speech doesn't
>> work together with flash movies, so I had to disable it.
>
> Okay. By the way: you may be interested by the youtube-dl package which
> lets you download a video on youtube and then play it from the
> command-line with something like mplayer.

Thanks, I am aware of this wonderful tool, and have used it
a couple of times in the past.  However, if you are searching youtube
for something, and need to "look at" several videos until
you find the one you were actually looking for, using Firefox
and its flash playing capabilities directly is just simpler.

>> Dont miss it
>> a lot actually, as a long term brltty user, I am used to not having
>> (useful) speech :-)
>
> I wouldn't miss it either, I think. But my last attempts with orca were
> rather frustrating, actually. How do you explore the widgets ? Can you
> do so just with those brltty comands that are passed to Orca, or do you
> need other key bindings ?

I am using BRLTTY commands only, with a TSI PowerBraille display...
I am getting along with the limited flat review functionalities that
Orca currently provides.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'