[BRLTTY] OT: lynx and cookies

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Thu May 8 05:25:04 EDT 2008

Hi,

Stéphane Doyon (2008/05/07 08:43 -0400):
> It still likes to pause and show it to you, along with
> lots of other useless status messages, makes it a lot slower than it
> could be.

The -nopause command-line option solves this problem.
Couldn't find its lynx.cfg or lynxrc equivalent, though. If somebody
can, I'm interested.

> Other useful options I have in there are:
[...]

Thanks a lot for these !

> My lynx-curr also has a bug with SSL not finding root certificates, some
> bug with gnutls. That's on Ubuntu Gutsy at least, presumably in some
> Debians, possibly fixed since.

For some time the gnutls support was disabled in Debian, because of
licensing issues, but it's back since today, which is a very good news
IMO.

> I really really much prefer lynx's layout of a page and I don't like
> elinks's menus much, but lynx has been having annoying issues for me
> lately.

Exactly the same for me.
Perhaps we could exchange about our problems and see whether we couldn't
solve some of them and submit patches...

Sébastien.