[BRLTTY] Problems with Gnome-Orca

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Wed May 21 00:44:07 EDT 2008

[quoted lines by Jan Mura on 2008/05/20 at 20:59 +0200]

>I have installed Ubuntu Linux on my notebook.
>And as for my Braille display it just shows :
>
>A startup problem
>
>But I found today once it started to run. At the beginning it showed the
>same error but then I found out it runs. But I did nothing to start it.
>I restarted the computer but it just showed the error.

When brltty reports "n startup problem(s)" at startup, it keeps the message
there so that you notice it. Pressing any key on the braille display clears the
message and lets brltty continue. If you get this message then you should check
the system log (often /var/log/messages) for brltty logs to see what the
problems are.

Do people find the "n problems at startup" message too confusing? Should it be
removed?