[BRLTTY] [orca-list] Running brltty at startup with Orca.

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Fri May 23 08:59:22 EDT 2008

On Fri, 23 May 2008, Fabrizio Marini wrote:

> Dear lists,
> I just installed Ubuntu Hardy on my pc with Orca and all seems to be right.
> I now would like to use my Braille display under linux with Orca and
> brltty. What do I have to do?

Well first add your options in /etc/brltty.conf
Make sure braille works from a text-console and then in orca.
Once you are sure braille works, get it to start at boot-up: this is
usually achieved by editing  one of your startup scripts.
I personally use /etc/init.d/rcS but I'm sure people will disagree, I just
use it because it works for me.
Then add a call to brltty, supplying any command line options if required,
but you should have all this set up in /etc/brltty.conf for convenience.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d.dalton at iinet.net.au>