[BRLTTY] Question about brltty on windows and operation with other screen readers

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Sat Nov 1 17:44:11 EDT 2008

Hello,
I just reported that my ALVA display works fine now through USB, and it does for using brltty. Now comes the question. If I finish using NVDA, the brltty service continues to run unless I turn it off. I believe that there is meant to be a "release" system for brltty (specified at start up) and I thought that Samuel's build set this by default. I have just now switched to window-eyes, but it seems that brltty must still have control of my display, as no window-eyes output is coming through (I did confirm that I really did have window-eyes set to use it through USB).

Is there something I missed, or does something need fixing.

Michael Whapples