[BRLTTY] Trouble with Seika display and brlapi

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Nov 3 05:23:49 EST 2008

Samuel Thibault, le Mon 03 Nov 2008 11:09:54 +0100, a écrit :
> Rob Meredith, le Wed 17 Sep 2008 15:39:01 -0400, a écrit :
> > My problem is that when I use brlapi with the Seika, I only see every 1 out of ten to twelve lines which I write to the display.
>
> Just a (late) follow-up: the TSI driver only makes full updates 1
> out of twelve writes.  Others are done partially, which the Seika
> seems to not support.

Now a more general follow-up.  I'm not sure how we should fix this
issue.  To avoid such issues the brlapi server could systematically call
the device write method, just like the core does.  However, the bug
mentioned above reveals that the Seika doesn't seem to support partial
updates, or doesn't recognize the partial updates sent by brltty.  In
any case, that means that the responsiveness is not so good with the
Seika (between 0.04s and 0.50s, average 0.25s), and that should be
fixed, for instance by detecting whether the device supports partial
updates.

Samuel