[BRLTTY] Using some of the text cells as status cells.

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Tue Nov 11 05:56:04 EST 2008

Dave Mielke <dave at mielke.cc> writes:

> For displays which don't have their own status cells, it's now possible to use
> some of their text cells as status cells. See the new "Status Position" and
> "Status Count" items in the menu.

Yet another thing I notice is that the Status style Generic
isn't readable to humans.  By investigating I realized Generic
seems to be used to communicate status info the drivers.
I wonder if the preferences menu should filter Generic out, since
its really not readable to humans, except you can translate dot patterns
to their numerical value, which doesn't seem very convenient :-)
Besides, the first status cell is always wasted with a all-8-dots
pattern.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕ | Debian Developer <URL:http://debian.org/>
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang/key at db.debian.org
 : :' : | 1024D/7FC1A0854909BCCDBE6C102DDFFC022A6B113E44
 `. `'