[BRLTTY] Yet another brltty windows build: 3.10-7

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Wed Nov 12 05:38:55 EST 2008

James Teh, le Wed 12 Nov 2008 14:41:55 +1100, a écrit :
> On 12/11/2008 11:01 AM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > This build also includes integrated LibUSB drivers and a .inf.
> > yes, as soon as the end of installation you get
> > braille!
> However, you don't include the libusb-win32 filter driver, correct?

I have to say I've never really even tried to understand how
libusb-win32 works, as the documentation is poor, to say the least.  I
have just followed the inf-wizard documentation, which doesn't talk
about the filter.  I guess it is install-filter.exe which needs to be
run, does that install anything or need any other file?

> the libusb-win32 filter is ideal if you have a driver already
> installed, while the libusb-win32 driver is ideal if you don't.

Ok, makes a lot of sense.

> This is one of the reasons I am tempted to simply implement drivers
> for displays directly in NVDA, as silly and redundant as this is.

You mean using the interface provided by the drivers, or using the
virtual serial port?

Samuel